* Students (i.e. officially registered at a partner university of Sabancı University) who temporarily lives in Turkey and attend courses at Sabancı University.
* The exchange period at Sabancı University lasts a minimum of 1 semester and a maximum of 2 semesters.
* The exchange students do NOT get a diploma from Sabancı University. However, their academic results are given via the European Credit Transfer System. (ECTS).
The most important advantage of studying as an exchange student is that no tuition will be asked at Sabancı University and credits and grades can be easily transferred to the home institution, which secures the time and effort abroad will not be given in vain.
Please note that individual applications, which are not in the context of any bilateral or Erasmus agreement, will be considered as “special student status”. In that case exchange rules and regulations do not apply. For “Special Student Applications” please visit:
In order to be accepted as an exchange student to Sabancı University:
* You should be a full-time student at your home university/institution.
* Your home university/ institution should have an Exchange bilateral agreement with Sabanci University.
* You must be nominated by your home institution.
* At Sabancı University the language of instruction is English. You need to have a very good knowledge of the English language. You will be asked to prepare assignments and presentations in English as well as to write final examinations in this language. We do not ask for any certificate but all exchange students are expected to have a high level proficiency in English (i.e. TOEFL 550).
1- Online Application: Before applying to SU, student must already have a clear idea on Sabancı University in general and specifically the programmes offered at SU.
Partner institution needs to nominate the student to email@example.com. Please add student's name, surname, nationality, program at home institution, preferred program at SU, level, and e-mail address. After the nomination, student will be informed by SU, about the next steps.
2- Transcript of Records: Complete official transcript of records, in English. The transcript must be prepared by the related Unit of the Home University.
NOTE: International students who plan to study at Sabancı University must assume responsibility for the total cost of their educational expenses for the full duration of their academic program. In this respect they must make financial provisions before arriving to Istanbul.