Applications for Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training - From SU to Stellenbosch University (funded by Erasmus+ KA171 Program)
Call Period: 05.05.2023-26.05.2023
Deadline: 26.05.2023 @23:59
Project Ref: 2020-1-TR01-KA107-087266
1. What is Erasmus+ ICM?
International Credit Mobility (ICM) is an Erasmus + Key Action 1 project which aims to facilitate exchange and education links between European and international partners. Erasmus+ KA107 (Non-European Countries) Staff Mobility for Training (STT) is a mobility activity that supports the professional development of staff in Higher Education Institutions (HEI) in the form of training events abroad and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner HEI.
2. Why Get Involved?
► Generate new ideas and best practice
► Exchange expertise and experience
► Enhance the international dimension of Sabancı University
► Promote student mobility and build relationships for future scientific cooperation.
4. Who is Eligible?
Applicants must be employed by SU and hold a teaching position. Per project’s target, faculty members from the following fields are eligible within this specific call: Engineering and Natural Sciences, Arts and Social Sciences and Management
4. Possible Slots and Grants
***Stellenbosch University, S. Africa, 2 staff (1260 €+ 1500 €)/person
The grant per day for the KA 107/171 staff mobility period is 180 €. The project funds 7 days ( 5 working days + 2 travel days) Travel days should not overlap with training days.
New! Within the scope of Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Programs, the Turkish National Agency beneficiaries may fly with Turkish Airlines with a 15% discount and a total 40kg baggage allowance. Detailed information will be given upon final acceptance.
6. Duration and Timeline of the visit
The training activity must be finalized by July 30, 2023.
According to KA107/171 available project funds, the duration of training mobility should be 5 days, excluding travel time. For one week (5 working days) of participation. If the training days last less than the minimum requirements, the activity is considered void by the funding body, and the grant payment will not be made for the related activity.
7. Application Documents
Please upload the following documents to the e-Government (e-Devlet) System:
1- Invitation Letter or Acceptance e-mail given by the hosting faculty.
2- Brief work plan
3- Supporting documents for disability/veteran/martyr/***disadvantaged status (if applicable)
Please click here to read the GUIDE FOR E-DEVLET APPLICATION PORTAL
Please click here if you cannot see your profile
8. Evaluation Criteria:
*Staff members who have never benefited from the KA 171 experience: + 6 (will not be applied to staff working at SU for less than 1 year)
* Work experience at SU: + n working years at SU. If n> 6 then the participant will receive max. 6 points
* Application from a program that has never been involved +1
* Benefiting from the KA 171 program in the last 3 years: [n times x (-3)]
* Child /spouse of martyr or veteran +5
* Staff with disability +5
* Visiting country of nationality -5
* Mobility to acquire and develop digital skills: +2
*** Staff affected by the earthquake +2
In case more than one applicant receives the same score:
1- Priority is given to the applicant who has no prior or less participation in Erasmus+ staff mobility programs
2- Priority is given to the applicant who has more job experience (based on days) at SU
***Staff who or whose first and second-degree relatives are residing in 17 cities and 1 district Adana,Adıyaman, Batman,Bingöl,Diyarbakır,Elazığ,Gaziantep, Gürün (Sivas),Hatay,Kahramanmaraş,Kayseri,Kilis,Malatya,Mardin,Niğde,Osmaniye,Şanlıurfa and Tunceli) in Türkiye on February 6, 2023. The proving documents (full family record sample and residence certificate obtained by e-devlet) must be submitted to the online application system
9. Erasmus+ Special Needs Support
Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially,financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without additional financial support. This is to ensure that beneficiaries can take full advantage of an Erasmus+mobility experience. SU IRO, in consultation with the disability office, will help beneficiaries to apply for additional funding for their special needs.
10. Erasmus+ Staff Mobility without Grant (Zero-Grant)
It is possible to participate in the Erasmus+ staff mobility programme without a grant. Those staff who would like to participate in the programme without a grant need to make an application, and their applications need to be evaluated as the others. Those participants with zero grants have to fulfill the rights and obligations of the program.
AFTER YOUR APPLICATION, WHAT IS NEXT?
The Selection Committee plans to make the selections two weeks after the announced deadline. All selected candidates informed of the grant decision will have one day to accept or reject the grant/placement result.
Candidates will be asked to submit the following documents:
· Invitation letter from the host institution
· Grant agreement (Detailed information will be given)
· A detailed version of the Mobility Agreement signed by all parties
11. Travel & Accommodation
When undertaking a visit to receiving institution, each staff member is expected to arrange their travel and accommodation. Partner universities may provide accommodation on campus free of charge or at a reduced fee.
Payments will be transferred to Akbank € account on the last Friday before the departure date. Participants receive 80% of the total financial support at the beginning of their mobility period, and the payment of the remaining part (20% of the total grant amount) will be made upon their arrival according to the actual visit (mobility) dates and required documents. SU International Office (SU IRO) will guide candidates in this process.
13.Grant Deduction and Refund
Deductions and/or repayment may apply to staff members who do not fulfill their responsibilities. Grant deduction and/or repayment may take place in the case of the following:
• If an outgoing staff member(participant) leaves the host institution before completing the minimum time frame and cannot present a Force Majeure* with proof, the staff's mobility is considered null, and s/he is required to return their grant (total paid amount) to SU within the specified time frame.
• If a participant fails to submit/complete all the required paperwork (including the EU online participant report) to SU on time, the s/he will be obliged to pay the grant received back to SU.
• If the participant completed the training activity earlier than planned, the remaining grant payment will be recalculated according to updated dates.
• If the staff member participates in activities on the same day as traveling, they are not entitled to a travel day.
* Force Majeure is an unforeseeable exceptional situation or event beyond the participant's control and not attributable to error or negligence on their part and prevents a participant from fulfillment
14. After the training period
The below forms should be filled in and sent to the SU IRO for proper management of the funds allocated for Training Mobility:
-Boarding passes of travel tickets (round trip)
-Letter of Confirmation for Erasmus+ KA107/171 Training Staff Mobility Period
-Mobility Tool Report (IRO will register to the EU’s portal upon return. The system will send an online survey)
-Testimonial (if possible)
For any questions, please contact us at 7199 (Burhan İzgin) or send an e-mail to email@example.com.