1. Call Dates: 15.01.2020-17.02.2020
Project Ref: 2019-1-TR01-KA107-072249
2. What is Erasmus ICM?:
International Credit Mobility (ICM) is an Erasmus + Key Action 1 project which aims to facilitate exchange and education links between European and international partners. Erasmus+ KA107 (Non-European Countries) Staff Mobility for Training (STT) is a mobility activity that supports the professional development of administrative staff in Higher Education Institutions (HEI) in the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner HEI, or at another relevant organization in the program countries. Participation in conferences is not eligible.
3.Who is Eligible?
Academic or Administrative Staff. Candidates should have a contractual relationship with Sabancı University.
4. Possible Slots and Grants:
4.1. Slots (From SU to Partners):
Universidad Austral, Argentina: 1 (1260+1500 €)
Universidad del Rosario, Colombia: 1 (1260+1500 €)
Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia: 1 (1260+1500 €)
Tarbiat Modares University, Iran: 1 (1260+360 €)
Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, Israel: 1 (1260+275 €)
University of Jordan, Jordan: 2 (1260+275 €)
Taylor's University or University of Malaya, Malaysia: 1 (1260+1500 €)
Universidad del Pacifico or Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola, Peru: 1 (1260+1500 €)
National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russia: 2 (1260+360 €)
Universidad ORT Uruguay, Uruguay: 1 (1260+1500 €)
Daily Grant Amounts:
4.2. Erasmus+ Grants:
For staff mobility period, the grant per day is 180 €. The grant is given for 7 days (5 working days plus 2 days for travel)
Travel Grant by Distance:
In addition to the daily grants, the travel grant is calculated by using the “Distance Calculator” below:
Travel Distance Travel Grant:
20-99 km 20 €
100-499 km 180 €
500-1999 km 275 €
2000-2999 km 360 €
3000-3999 km 530 €
4000-7999 km 820 €
8000+ km 1.500 €
5. Erasmus+ Special Needs Support: Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially, financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without extra financial support. This is to ensure that beneficiaries can take full advantage of an Erasmus+ mobility experience. SU IRO in consultation with the disability office will help beneficiaries to apply for additional funding for their special needs.
6. Timeline of the visit: The training activity must be finalized by 31.07.2022
According to KA107 available project funds; duration of training mobility will be 5 days excluding travel time. For one-week (5 working days) participation, the training activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of training per week.
If the training activity/training hours last less than the minimum requirements, the activity is considered as void by the funding body and the grant payment will not be made for the related activity.
7. How to Apply?
- Candidates must find a hosting unit at KA 107 partners (from the list) and agree on a Training Mobility Plan. This document must be signed by the hosting unit and must be attached to the online system. Applications of candidates who have not received pre- admission (Training Mobility Plan) signed by the hosting unit) will not be evaluated.
- Please note that you can apply for more than one partner (Maximum 3 partners from the list). You should upload Training Mobility Plan for each of your choices.
- Online system link: Click here
- Training Mobility Plan (signed by the hosting unit/department at the partner) for each of your choices
- Language Proficiency Document
- Supporting documents for disability/veteran/martyr status
8. Evaluation Criteria:
1. Administrative Staff: +20
2. First time applicants: +5 (will not be applied to staff working at SU less than 1 year)
3. English Language *Proficiency: +10 points
*Language test score showing your proficiency or a degree in undergraduate or graduate program entirely taught in English
4. Work experience at SU: + n working years at SU. If n> 3 then the participant will receive max. 3 points.
5. Mobility Plan/Mobility Agreement: (max 20 points)
- Objectives (0-5 points)
- Added value of the mobility (in the context of the modernisation and internationalisation strategies of SU and partner)
(0- 10 points)
- Expected outcomes and impact (e.g. on strategic objectives of institutions, on the professional development of the staff member and on both institutions): (0 - 5 points)
6. Personnel with special needs: +10
7. Applying for country of citizenship: -10
8. Child /spouse of martyr or veteran +10
9. Applicants who were selected for Erasmus+ programmes and cancelled their exchange after the indicated time period. -10
In case more than one applicant receives the same score:
• Priority is given to the applicant who has no prior or less participation in Erasmus+ staff mobility programs
• Priority is given to the applicant who has more job experience (based on days) at SU
9. Erasmus+ Staff Mobility without Grant (Zero Grant) :
It is possible to participate in Erasmus+ staff mobility programme without a grant. Those staff who would like to participate in the programme without a grant need to make application and their applications need to be evaluated as the others. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfil rights and obligations of the program.
10. Selection Process and Nomination to Partner Universities:
The Selection Committee at Sabancı University plans to make the selections after 2 weeks of the announced deadline. All selected candidates will be nominated to our partners and will be asked to complete procedures of our partners.
11. Invitation Letters:
The nominated candidates will be accepted by the host universities. Host universities will issue invitation letters for the visa procedure.
Payments will be transferred to Akbank € account on the last Friday before the departure date. Participants receive 70 % of the total financial support at the beginning of their mobility period and the remaining 30 % when the training programme is over. Sabancı University International Office (SU IRO) will guide candidates on this process.
13. After The Training Mobility:
Candidates should send the following documents to SU IRO:
- Confirmation of participation
- Boarding passes (Upon return)
- Mobility Tool Report (SU IRO will register participants to EU’s portal. The system will send participants an online survey)
14. Contact Information:
For any questions, please contact us at 9627 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
IRO Responsible for training staff inquires is Gözde Doğmuş