MAIN CALL: Applications for Staff Mobility for Teaching to Non-European Countries (funded by Erasmus+ KA107/KA171 Program) (From SU to Partners)
Main Call Period: 11.01.2023-13.02.2023
Deadline: 13.02.2023 @23:59
Project Ref: 2020-1-TR01-KA107-087266
1. What is International Credit Mobility (ICM):
International Credit Mobility (ICM) is an Erasmus + Key Action 1 project which aims to facilitate exchange and education links between European and international partners. Erasmus+ KA107 (Non-European Countries) Staff Mobility for Teaching Assignments (STA) is a mobility activity that allows academic staff of a Higher Education Institution (HEI) to teach and carry joint academic/educational activities at a partner HEI in the program countries around the globe. Erasmus+ KA107 Staff Mobility for Teaching Assignments might include a variety of activities such as lecturing, hands-on teaching activities, giving a seminar and organizing a workshop. Research activities and meetings at the partner institution are not considered eligible activities.
The current call for applications covers a bilateral teaching staff mobility between Sabancı University and SU’s KA 107 Partners below.
2. Who is Eligible?
Applicants must be employed by SU and hold a teaching position.
3. Possible Slots and Grants:
Khazar University, Azerbaijan, 1 staff, (1260+ 275 €)/person
IIT Bombay, India, 2 staff, (1260+ 820 €)/person
Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia, 1 staff, (1260+ 1500 €)/person
University of Tehran, Iran, 1 staff (1260+ 360 €)/person
Reichman University (IDC Herzliya), Israel or National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russia, 3 staff (1260+ *Travel grant €)/person
University of Malaya, Malaysia, 1 staff, (1260+ 1500 €)/person
Universidad del Pacifico, Peru, 2 staff, (1260+ 1500 €)/person
Rhodes University, S. Africa,2 staff, (1260+ 1500 €)/person
*Travel grant for Russia: 275/360 € , for Israel: 275 €
For the staff mobility period, the grant per day is 180 €. The grant is given for 7 days (5 working days plus 2 days for travel). In addition to the daily grants, the travel grant is calculated by using the “Distance Calculator”: https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/resources-and-tools/distance-calculator
Travel Distance Travel Grant:
20-99 km 20 €
100-499 km 180 €
500-1999 km 275 €
2000-2999 km 360 €
3000-3999 km 530 €
4000-7999 km 820 €
8000+ km 1.500 €
4. Duration and Timeline of the visit:
The teaching activity must be finalized by July 30, 2023.
The activity (visit) to the partner university can last min consecutive 2 to 5 days and preferably (5 days teaching + 2 days travel). Please notice that a minimum requirement of one hour a day and a total of a minimum of 8 teaching hours/week is required.
Faculty members must contact their colleagues at the above mentioned host universities and agree on their teaching activity.
6. Application Documents:
Please upload the following documents to the e-Government (e-Devlet) System: https://erasmusbasvuru.ua.gov.tr/giris?returnUrl=%2F
1- Invitation Letter or Acceptance E-mail (a document or print-out of email that the host institution accepts your teaching assignment) (entitled as ‘Kabul Mektubu’ on the system)
2- Supporting documents for disability*/veteran/martyr status** (if applicable)
*The official health report proving disability must be submitted during the application.
**Documents proving the condition must be submitted during the application.
6. Evaluation Criteria:
*Staff members who have never benefited from the experience: + 6 (will not be applied to staff working at SU for less than 1 year)
* Work experience at SU: + n working years at SU. If n> 6, then the participant will receive max. 6 points
* Application from a unit that has never been involved +1
* Benefiting from the KA 171 program in the last 3 years: [n times x (-3)]
* Child /spouse of martyr or veteran +5
* Staff with disability +5
* Visiting country of nationality -5
In case more than one applicant receives the same score:
1- Priority is given to the applicant who has no prior or less participation in Erasmus+ KA 171 staff mobility programs
2- Priority is given to the applicant who has more job experience (based on days) at SU
7. Erasmus+ Special Needs Support:
Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially, financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental, or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without extra financial support. This is to ensure that beneficiaries can take full advantage of an Erasmus+ mobility experience. SU IRO in consultation with the disability office will help beneficiaries to apply for additional funding for their special needs.
8. Erasmus+ Staff Mobility without Grant (Zero-Grant)
It is possible to participate in the Erasmus+ staff mobility programme without a grant. Those staff who would like to participate in the programme without a grant need to make an application and their applications need to be evaluated as the others. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfill the rights and obligations of the program.
AFTER YOUR APPLICATION, WHAT IS NEXT?
9. Announcement of Results:
The Exchange Committee plans to make the selections after two weeks of the announced deadline*. All selected candidates informed of the grant decision will have 3 days to accept or reject the grant/placement result.
10. After Selection:
Candidates will be asked to submit the following documents:
· Invitation letter from the host institution
· Grant agreement (Detailed information will be given)
· A completed version of the Mobility Agreement
11.Travel & Accommodation: When undertaking a visit to a partner institution, each faculty member is expected to arrange his/her travel and accommodation. Some of the partners may provide accommodation on campus free of charge or at a reduced fee.
Payments will be transferred to Akbank € account on the last Friday before the departure date. Participants receive 70% of the total financial support at the beginning of their mobility period and the payment of the remaining part (30% of the total grant amount) will be done upon your arrival according to the actual visit(mobility) dates and required documents. SU International Office (SU IRO) will guide candidates in this process.
13. Grant Deduction and Refund:
Deductions and/or repayment may apply to staff members who do not fulfil their responsibilities.
Grant deduction and/or repayment may take place in case of the following:
• If an outgoing staff member(participant) leaves the host institution before completing the minimum time frame of two days and cannot present a Force Majeure* with proof, the staff’s mobility is considered null and s/he is required to return his/her grant (total paid amount) to SU within the specified time frame.
• If a participant fails to submit/complete all the required paperwork (including the EU online participant report) to SU on time, the s/he will be obliged to pay the grant received back to SU.
• If the participant completed the teaching activity earlier than the planned dates, the remaining grant payment will be recalculated according to updated dates.
• If the staff member is participating activities on the same day as travelling, they are not entitled to a travel day.
* Force Majeure is an unforeseeable exceptional situation or event beyond the participant’s control and not attributable to error or negligence on his/her part and prevents a participant from fulfilment of liability under the Agreement.
14. After the Teaching Period:
The below forms should be filled in and sent to the SU International Relations Office for proper management of the funds allocated for Teaching Mobility.
15. Contact Information:
For any questions, please contact us at 7199 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
IRO Responsible for teaching staff inquiries is Burhan İzgin.