Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona

Quick Facts
  • Faculty
  • FENS
  • Level
  • UG/PG
  • Agreement Type
  • Erasmus
  • Subject Area
  • Biological and related sciences
  • Partner's Min GPA
  • None
  • Country
  • Spain


Partner may have none or limited courses in English for exchange students.
Please check the language of instruction for the courses within the agreement that you wish to be​ placed.​
Please make sure to check partner's website for the up-to-date information on language and entry requirements.

‣ Websites

‣ Language Certificate

Classes at the UAB are given in Catalan, Spanish and English. As a general rule, it is recommended that students have a minimum language level of B1.2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference. Some faculties at UAB require a specific level of language that must be proved by a valid certificate. To get access to the courses offered at the Faculty of Economics and Business or at the Faculty of Political Science and Sociology a minimum level of B2 (CEFR) will be required for the language of instruction of the courses selected by the student (English, Spanish or Catalan). No language certificate will be required if the student does not select any course in that language. You can check a list of valid certificates for the Faculty of Economics and Business here https://www.uab.cat/web/international-exchange/pathways/uab-incoming-exchange-students/application-form-and-enrolment-process-1345699494272.html The Faculty of Communication requires a B2 level of Spanish to be accepted as an exchange student. Students holding a Spanish certificate issued by the Instituto Cervantes (DELE B2) will be accepted. Other certificates will be checked and evaluated on a case by case basis. The rest of faculties do not require a language certificate, but may recommend a specific language level for some courses. Please check with the Exchange Offices.https://www.uab.cat/web/mobility-international-exchange/mobility-international-exchange-programmes/exchange-offices-1345671998722.html

‣ Notes

- This agreement is signed with Biosciences Faculty of the partner university. - According to the UAB Exchange policy, students must enroll at least a 50% of their credits at their host faculty (the one appearing in their acceptance letter). In case they are interested in taking courses from other UAB faculties/ schools, they will need the authorization from all the faculties/ schools. - During visa application, some documents may be translated into Spanish. Please check Consulate's web page for updated info. - -Some faculties may require a minimum level of language in which lessons are taught (most commonly the Faculty of Economics and Business, the Faculty of Communication and the Faculty of Medicine). Lectures at the UAB are mainly taught either in Catalan or in Spanish. The usage of either language depends only on the lecturer who gives the course. There are some lessons offered in English as well. For a general approach to the Bachelor's degrees courses delivered in English you can go here (https://www.uab.cat/web/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-offer/subjects-in-english-1345678921142.html) There are also a few degrees fully taught in English, but the courses corresponding to these degrees have limited seats for exchange students. Obviously there are other lectures taught in English for the degrees of English Studies and Translation and Interpreting, but again these courses are preferably offered to the exchange students of these specific degrees - The acceptance letter does not guarantee the students can take all the courses they would like to. The Exchange Office at each faculty will contact the accepted students regarding the availability and selection of the courses. - UAB will guide exchange students in finding accommodation on campus or off campus. Students must contact directly the different services for reservation. Students wishing to book a room on campus should contact Vila Universitària (UAB Residence Hall). They also offer other off campus accommodation options (shared apartments or host families).

‣ Fact Sheet

‣ Further Info

You may add your comment or ask your questions from here