Erasmus International Credit Mobility for Teaching Assignments /Staff from SU to KA 107 Partners
What is Erasmus ICM?:
International Credit Mobility (ICM) is an Erasmus + Key Action 1 project which aims to facilitate exchange and education links between European and international partners. Erasmus+ KA107 (Non-European Countries) Staff Mobility for Teaching Assignments (STA) is a mobility activity that allows academic staff of a Higher Education Institution (HEI) to teach and carry joint academic/educational activities at a partner HEI in the program countries around the globe. Erasmus+ KA107 Staff Mobility for Teaching Assignments might include a variety of activities such as lecturing, hands-on teaching activities, giving a seminar and organizing a workshop.
Who is Eligible?
Academic Staff should have a contractual relationship with Sabancı University
Possible Slots and Grants:
Please check current slots via annoncements.
Daily Grant Amounts:
For staff mobility period, the grant per day is 180 €. The grant is given for 7 days (5 working days plus 2 days for travel)
Travel Grant by Distance:
In addition to the daily grants, the travel grant is calculated by using the “Distance Calculator” below:
Travel Distance Travel Grant:
20-99 km: 20 €
100-499 km: 180 €
500-1999 km: 275 €
2000-2999 km: 360 €
3000-3999 km: 530 €
4000-7999 km: 820 €
8000+ km: 1.500 €
Erasmus+ Special Needs Support: Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially, financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without extra financial support. This is to ensure that beneficiaries can take full advantage of an Erasmus+ mobility experience. SU IRO in consultation with the disability office will help beneficiaries to apply for additional funding for their special needs.
Timeline of the visit: The teaching activity must be finalized by the project deadline announced in the calls.
According to KA107 available project funds; duration of teaching mobility will be 5 days excluding travel time. For one-week (5 working days) participation, the teaching activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of teaching per week.
How to Apply?
Calls at Sabancı University: Please follow the announcements via internal and IRO website
1- Invitation Letter or Acceptance E-mail (a document or print-out of email that the host institution accepts your teaching assignment) (entitled as ‘Kabul Mektubu’ on the system)
2- Supporting documents for disability*/veteran/martyr status** (if applicable)
Erasmus+ Staff Mobility without Grant (Zero Grant) :
It is possible to participate in Erasmus+ staff mobility programme without a grant. Those staff who would like to participate in the programme without a grant need to make application and their applications need to be evaluated as the others. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfil rights and obligations of the program.
Selection Process and Nomination to Partner Universities:
The Selection Committee at Sabancı University plans to make the selections after 2 weeks of the announced deadline. All selected candidates will be nominated to our partners and will be asked to complete procedures of our partners. Candidates will also be asked to prepare a Mobility agreement signed by all parties.
The nominated candidates will be accepted by the host universities. Host universities will issue invitation letters for the visa procedure.
Payments will be transferred to Akbank € account on the last Friday before the departure date. Participants receive 70 % of the total financial support at the beginning of their mobility period and the remaining 30 % when the teaching programme is over. Sabancı University International Office (SU IRO) will guide candidates on this process.
After The Teaching Mobility:
Candidates should send the following documents to SU IRO:
- Confirmation of participation
- Boarding passes (Upon return)
- Mobility Tool Report (SU IRO will register participants to EU’s portal. The system will send participants an online survey)