Erasmus+ KA107 (Non-European Countries) Staff Mobility for Training

Erasmus International Credit Mobility for Training / Staff from SU to KA 107 Partners

What is Erasmus ICM?: 

International Credit Mobility (ICM) is an Erasmus + Key Action 1 project which aims to facilitate exchange and education links between European and international partners. Erasmus+ KA107 (Non-European Countries) Staff Mobility for Training (STT) is a mobility activity that supports the professional development of administrative staff in Higher Education Institutions (HEI) in the form of training events abroad  and job shadowing/observation periods/training at a partner HEI, or at another relevant organization in the program countries. Participation in conferences is not eligible.

Who is Eligible?
Academic or Administrative Staff of SU. Candidates should have a contractual relationship with Sabancı University.

Possible Slots and Grants:

Please follow details in annouced calls.

Erasmus+ Grants:
For staff mobility period, the grant per day is 180 €.  The grant is given for 7 days (5 working days plus 2 days for travel)

Travel Grant by Distance:
In addition to the daily grants, the travel grant is calculated by using the “Distance Calculator” below:

Travel Distance Travel Grant:

20-99 km 20 €
100-499 km 180 €
500-1999 km 275 €
2000-2999 km 360 €
3000-3999 km 530 €
4000-7999 km 820 €
8000+ km 1.500 €

Erasmus+ Special Needs Support:  Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially, financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without extra financial support.  This is to ensure that beneficiaries can take full advantage of an Erasmus+  mobility experience. SU IRO in consultation with the disability office will help beneficiaries to apply for additional funding for their special needs.

Timeline of the visit:  The training activity must be finalized by the project deadline announced in the calls.

According to KA107 available project funds; duration of training mobility will be 5 days excluding travel time. For one-week (5 working days) participation, the  training activity has to comprise a minimum of 8 hours of training per week. 

How to Apply? 
Calls at Sabancı University: Please follow the announcements via internal and IRO website

- Candidates must find a hosting unit at KA 107 partners (from the list) and agree on a Training Mobility Plan. This document must be signed by the hosting unit and must be attached to the online system. Applications of candidates who have not received pre- admission (Training Mobility Plan) signed by the hosting unit) will not be evaluated.

- Please note that you can apply for more than one partner (Maximum 3 partners from the list).  You should upload Training Mobility Plan for each of your choices. 

Application Documents:  


Evaluation Criteria:
Click here

Erasmus+ Staff Mobility without Grant (Zero Grant) :

It is possible to participate in Erasmus+ staff mobility programme without a grant. Those staff who would like to participate in the programme without a grant need to make application and their applications need to be evaluated as the others. Those participants with zero grant have to fulfil rights and obligations of the program.

Selection Process and Nomination to Partner Universities:

The Selection Committee at Sabancı University plans to make the selections after 2 weeks of the announced deadline. All selected candidates will be nominated to our partners and will be asked to complete procedures of our partners.

Invitation Letters:

The nominated candidates will be accepted by the host universities. Host universities will issue invitation letters for the visa procedure.


Payments will be transferred to Akbank € account on the last Friday before the departure date. Participants receive 70 % of the total financial support at the beginning of their mobility period and the remaining 30 % when the training programme is over. Sabancı University International Office (SU IRO) will guide candidates on this process.

After The Training Mobility:

Candidates  should send the following documents to SU IRO:

- Confirmation of participation 
- Boarding passes  (Upon return)
- Mobility Tool Report   (SU IRO will register participants to EU’s portal. The system will send participants an online survey)


2022-2023 Project Year Call Results:

1st Call Results

2nd Call Results