Upon arrival all new students are oriented to the University, to the campus and to the city, as well. The orientation covers presentation by different units at Sabanci University, seminars by the faculty. The orientation is a great chance to learn about practical information and to meet other exchange students. Some of the local students also take part voluntarily in this organization. International Relations Office also plans cultural trips and social activities with for international students to enjoy throughout their stay in the program. After the orientation you will be requested to fill out an electronic evaluation form of the orientation.
All newly admitted students should complete the required forms and documents, and submit them to Student Resources Unit during the orientation week.
Student Resources will be helping you in the classrooms mentioned in the orientation program.
If, for any reason, you fail to complete the process within the required period, you may lose your enrollment right to Sabancı University.
Required Documents and Forms
• A copy of the following pages in your passport containing your photo, information concerning identification, the last entry date to Turkey, and Visa Page
• Identification and Address Declaration Form (If you may fill and bring with you, your registration process will be completed quicker)
• 2 passport-sized (portreit) photos (4.5 x 6 cm) photos (taken in the last 6 months, clearly identifying the person)
• Online Student Information Form (You should have already completed it. You need to print, sign and bring it with you on university registration dates)
• Student ID Card Form (ID card of some students whose application photo was proper for ID card will be ready and they will be able to receive the card on registration dates. But, other students will need to fill ID card form on registration dates)
When you arrive at campus, you will do the following payments if you would like to accomodote on campus:
1. On-Campus Accommodation:
Please click here
The Campus branch of Akbank is located on the first floor of the University Center. ATMs are located on the first floor of University Center and D-2 Building.
Bank hours: 8:30-12:00 and 13:00-17:00 during the week from Monday till Friday.
To open a bank account, you will need a tax number from the related authorities. Also you need a Turkish phone number on your name, to be able to open a bank account.
Before your arrival an academic advisor will be assigned to you. You should contact him/her upon your arrival to discuss your course selection. He/she will be able to guide you with all your academic related questions. Please consider your advisor’s suggestion before you make any changes during the add/drop period.
The International Relations Office organizes a buddy programme to help all incoming students with all bureaucratic procedures. This means that local students will assist you with registration and residence permit procedures. Buddies volunteer for this and in many cases they have themselves been exchange students abroad. This program is designed a smooth transition in this new culture.
Turkish Language Courses
The language of instruction at SU is English (with only a few exceptions). Still learning some Turkish can be very useful and students can find some opportunities during their exchange semester to learn this language. Basic Turkish I (TUR 101), Basic Turkish II (TUR 102), Pre-intermediate Turkish I (TUR 201), Advanced Readings in Turkish for Foreigners (TUR 403) are offered during each semester. Please check: School of Languages
Those who bring their notebooks should send their MAC address to us for using their notebooks on campus.