Grades will be transferred according to tables approved by University Academic Council. Table may be updated upon request made by the partner and if needed by SU.
Please CLICK here for GRADE CONVERSION TABLES approved by the Academic Council !(Updated on November 2022)
Starting from 2013-14 Summer term; all local grades of partners will be transferred to SU grades according to the conversion tables approved by the Academic Council at SU.
The tables may change according to changes in the grading system of the host university, re-evaluations of the Faculties.
Learning Agreement and Transfer of courses/grades from partner universities:
- The Learning Agreement (LA) outlines the content of the education the student will be getting abroad prior to his departure. It is signed between the student and the representatives of the home and host institutions. The objective of this agreement is to assure that the student’s studies abroad will be recognized by the university he is currently enrolled at.
- All the courses that had been stated in the LA and were completed with letter grades would be transferred to SU with relevant course credits and grades. The SU equivalent credits and types of the courses are also determined and stated on the same Agreement.
- Learning Agreements will be effective upon the related Faculty Executive Board’s approval. The Faculty Executive Board reserves the right to ask changes of the courses as well as change the SU equivalences.
- After the student starts his education abroad, he may need to change his schedule in the event that some of the courses overlap or were not offered. Under such circumstances, the student is required to fill out the designated section of the learning agreement on the back cover, sign it himself and get signatures of the coordinators of both institutions.
- The students admitted to the exchange program are required to prepare the Learning Agreement under the supervision of their exchange academic advisors and submit it to the International Office. Those students who fail to submit their LAs to the International Relations Office or those who do not get the necessary approvals on the Agreement lose their right to participate in the program.
- Outgoing students should also pay attention that they should take minimum 20 ECTS credits during their exchange period. The SU credit equivalent should not be more than 20 SU credits for students under ‘Satisfactory’ academic standing according to SU Instruction Letters for Undergraduate Programs.
Important Notice: Students should consider their graduation criteria while preparing their Learning Agreement. All the responsibility of the course selection belongs to the student. However, she/he should be guided by her/his academic advisor during the Learning Agreement preparation process.
European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) is used in measuring and comparing learning achievements of ECTS students, and transferring them from one institution to another.
ECTS credits at Sabancı University are calculated based on student workload. All contact hours, recitations, laboratory work and self-study are included in this calculation. Through the use of student course evaluations the workloads are updated regularly. As of 2013-14 academic year, SU will use only ECTS credit system.